Who says dinner is just about eating a meal? Orlando, Florida certainly doesn’t. Throughout the city, there are a number of opportunities to eat a quality meal and view an exciting show that is certain to entertain a family or a first date. With breathtaking stunts, booming music, intriguing stories and, not to mention a mouth-watering meal, rest assured: you’ll never have to experience a dull dinner in Orlando.
1. Pirate’s Dinner Adventure: This swashbuckling show gives diners the chance to become a part of the crew with this wild, family fun experience. Seated around a massive pirate ship, you’re thrust into the mischievous lives of the performers while chowing down on some delicious food and sipping wine as the rest of your family is riveted with the show.
Address: 6400 Carrier Drive, Orlando, FL 32819; Telephone: (407) 248-0590
2. Capone’s Dinner and Show: Enjoy a meal in this 1930s themed club, run and owned by the one and only Al Capone. Fear not; though prohibition ruled the times, adults are still welcome to a slew of alcoholic beverages, served by playfully crass waiters. This hilarious, fast talking show is sure to entertain guests of all ages with musical and stand-up comedy numbers, while, of course, delighting in great food.
Address: 4740 W. Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, FL 34746; Telephone: (407) 397-2378
3. Medieval Times: Dinner & Tournament: Set in a massive castle, you’ll spiral back in time and sit ringside for this rousing show of chivalric knights and jousting tournaments, fit for kings and queens. Dinner-goers of all ages will sit along a round table of their own, cheering on their favorite medieval contestant with a modern meal at their fingertips. With jaw-dropping weapons, majestic horses, and a startlingly realistic setting, you’ll find it very easy to forget just what era you’re in.
Address: 4510 W. Vine Street, Kissimmee, Florida 34746; Telephone (National Contact Center): 1-866-543-9637
4. Outta Control Magic Comedy Dinner Show: Located at the fabulously wild WonderWorks science museum, this one-man show, performed by the riotous Tony Brent, involves the audience into its hilarious antics and gut-splitting improvisation. What’s more? The set-priced tickets include bottomless wine, beer, and soft drinks, as well as freshly tossed pizza for guests to enjoy as they watch the mixture of magic and comedy unfold on stage.
Address: 9067 International Drive, Orlando, Fl 32819; Telephone: (407) 351-8800
5. Arabian Nights: Ranked as one of Orlando’s greatest dinner shows, Arabian Nights presents a spectacular display of horses, with glittering costumes and music that will get you into the Middle Eastern spirit. Perfect entertainment for adults and children, this performance and meal will leave you in awe as horses leap through rings of fire and hold gypsies and dancers that complete stunts atop their backs. Arabian Nights even presents the opportunity for guests to upgrade their tickets and meet the performers and horses after the show for an exclusive backstage tour.
Address: 3081 Arabian Nights Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747; Telephone: (407) 239-9223